We have been able to add the management of HBase Thrift and Rest into our
Ambari via custom management packs.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Management+Packs#ManagementPacks-Add%C2%AD-OnServiceManagementPackStructure

In our mpacks there is a metainfo.xml under the common-services,
custom-services, and extensions folders.

I suspect the extensions might not work as expected because the services
don't exist in core HDP.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 10:53 AM, jeremy montgomery <alericmcke...@gmail.com