Hello Samy,

Actually, I have not encountered related errors about "ambari-metrics-common"
dependency.
But if you check ambari-metrics directory at ambari root path, you can find
ambari-metrics-common
directory easily. So, I trust the artifact
"org.apache.ambari:ambari-metrics-common" should be found
at your local path, not hortonworks repo or some repo else.

I'm not sure, but I guess the error just because maven can not get
ambari-metrics module correctly.
Maybe you can check sub module dependency in pom.xml if you modified it before.
In addition,
what’s your build command and maven version? For me, I just build RPM package
with CentOS7 and
Maven 3.3.9, if you like you can try and modify build command I used, also you
can found it at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Installation+Guide+for+Ambari+2.7.7,
 like this:

mvn version:set -DnewVersion=2.7.7.0.0
mvn -B clean install rpm:rpm -DnewVersion=2.7.7.0.0
-DbuildNumber=388e072381e71c7755673b7743531c03a4d61be8 -DskipTests
-Dpython.ver="python >= 2.6"

Best regards,
Luxiang Wang