Thanks David. I set this up and worked like a charm:

<if>
<equals arg1="${release_candidate}" arg2="true" />
<then>
        <mail mailhost="mail.xxxx.com" subject="The ${component} release
candidate build is now available!">
        <from address="build01"/>
        <replyto address="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"/>
        <to address="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"/>
        <message>
        The ${component} release candidate build is now available!

        Please rsync to:
        ${deploy.system}
        ${deploy.path}/${version}.war
        </message>
        <fileset file="${this.archive}/log/build.log"/>
        </mail>
</then>
</if>

-Rich