Hello Paulo,

it depends on the macrodef. I had a situation where I
wrapped <junit> and <junitreport> in one macrodef
since that piece of code  was repeated several times.
Later, it turned out that some invoka
tions of that macrodef required different
<sysproperty>'s. So I added a macrodef element that
allows passing different properties. Here is the real
code:

<macrodef name="call-junit" description="Wraps junit
task">
  <element name="sysproperties" optional="true"/>
  <sequential>
    <junit errorproperty="junit.error"
      failureproperty="junit.error"
      printsummary="withOutAndErr">
      <classpath refid="runtime.test.cp"/>
      <formatter type="plain" usefile="false"/>
      <formatter type="xml"/>
      <test todir="${project.test.data}"
name="${testcase}" if="testcase"/>
      <batchtest todir="${project.test.data}"
unless="testcase">
        <fileset dir="${project.test.classes}">
          <selector refid="${module.sel.id}"/>
        </fileset>
      </batchtest>
      <sysproperty key="project.jar"
value="${module.dist}/${module.jar}"/>
      <sysproperty key="project.basedir"
value="${basedir}"/>
      <sysproperties/> *** the important line ***
    </junit>
  </sequential>
</macrodef>

If you have access to the developer that wrote your
macrodef you can ask him do something similar.

Regards
Ivan

--- Paulo Jorge Guedes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>