ANT compares timestamps of class files with Java source files and passes the list to JavaC command. So, if C and D files are not specified as source files for compilation and selected by JavaC on its own, ANT would not know about them. The situation can happen, if all selected files compiled fine, but additional files (chosen for compilation by JavaC itself) did not.

- Alexey.

Chun Ji wrote:
I have noticed some very strange behaviour when I try to compile my java code. Say I have some java files to be filed, A,B,C,D,E,F,G...

When I was doing a clean compiling, it gives me error that File C, D failed because some errors, which is true. But when I do the compile(not a clean compile) for the second time, it tells me all the files are compiled successfully and no error is given. Can someone tell me why this happen ? I am using ant1.6.2, jdk1.5.0_01 to do the compile on linux box.

-cji