Usually when a file is overwritten, its permissions are not changed.
Executable permission can be lost when the file first deleted, then
created again.

Carlton, if you have a special file extension or folder, you can run
<chmod> task after newlines are fixed.

- Alexey.

Dominique Devienne wrote:
I'm afraid there's no fix, as Java is not permission-aware. <fixcrlf>
probably creates a new file when it does something, and there's no way
in Java to preserve the permissions. You could 'fix' the permissions
after the fact, using <chmod> which simply forks to the command line
chmod executable, assuming you know beforehand which files need fixing
potentially.

JDK 6 or later may add support for permissions, by right now there are
no good work-around that I know of. --DD