For the same reason, I switched to use generated classes in my IDE (JBuilder). JAR files are only generated for full builds. As a side effect, development builds are now much faster.

- Alexey.

Marc Farrow wrote:
Everytime I run an ant task (either in NetBeans or from within Java
Code),
the executing jar gets locked and I cannot delete the jar.  I am copying
the
ant script and the dependent jar that it needs to run and then executing
the
ant tasks.  Then I wish to delete the "new" copy I just created to run,
but
a jar I am using is locked and will not allow me.  This in on a Windows
2000
machine.

Steps to recreate problem in NetBeans:
1) Create a new Java Application that extends Ant and creates a Jar or
even
uses an existing one such as ant-contrib.jar.
2) Run an the new ant task from within the build script of another
project
(via import command).
3) Delete project created in step 1).
4) Go to windows explorer and try to remove rest of sources, etc from
the
folder that the project in step 1) was created in.

Steps to recreate similar problem using Ant Programmatically.
  (All actions happen within same instance of a java class).
1)  Check out favorite project from your favorite source control
(programmatically).
2)  Programmatically call the Ant script and build the project you just
checked out.
3)  Once build has completed (and with no errors) try to delete the
project
you just checked out.

Anyone have any suggestions to keep the "jars" from being locked after
execution of the Ant script?

Thank you,

Marc