Sorry, I'm not sure I follow your problem... Do you mean Ant should somehow generate a properties file based upon your build.xml properties? Who sets the properties and how is this null pointer being raised? I am a "wee" bit confused ;)

Rapthor wrote:
Scot P. Floess wrote:
If a property does not exist, why is a null pointer thrown? I assume you mean java.util.Properties? If so, that does not raise a null pointer exception.

You are right ... the NullPointerException would be thrown if I relied on a
value read from the Properties instance. (If no matching key was present in
the file.)

--
Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale