"forks a new execution of Ant with the posted values provided as command line
properties?"
is exactly what I want to avoid and what I expected the jetty-plugin to provide
within ant.

"Deploy a webapp to jetty that has Ant embedded inside it" is interesting but
how should one do that?
I see Jetty as embedded in ant, not the other way around!

Thanks for your time and understanding!

Deploy a webapp to jetty that has Ant embedded inside it, or forks a new