The main purpose of the .project file is to set the project name and the main
purpose of the .classpath file is to set the dependencies. It really depends on
what you need, but I would suggest that checking those files into source
control would make life simpler. Or if you want to build them using Ant and
have no dependencies, just write a target that outputs the proper XML. If you
have a number of dependencies, then you'll need to construct the .classpath to
reference those dependencies (i.e. JAR files).

-bp