Hi Stefan,

I will be able to post more verbose output later today when I get back
to the local box I do my releases from. Please see my comments inline

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 5:09 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:

> From reading your build file
>
> ${dist.version.dir}=${dist.dir}/${final.name}
>
> You copy stuff to ${dist.version.dir}-bin (note the minus)

This is not intended to be a minus it is merely meant to act as a
hyphen solely to satisfy aesthetic requirements. This was so we could
have zip's and tar's like
nutch-$version-bin.zip, nutch-$version-src.zip etc

> and then try
> to include them in your tar task from ${dist.dir}/${final.name}/
> (excluding ${dist.dir}/${final.name}/bin/)  But that directory doesn't
> even exist.
>
> Your "-" and "/" disagree with each other.  You want to exclude
> ${final.name}-bin/ and include ${final.name}-src/ or ${final.name}*/
>
> Stefan

I will certainly take this on board and will update this thread later
on today when I get a chance to get a crack at it.

Thank you for your replies

Lewis