Hi Xiao-

supposedly yes ...if you can get your File to extend apache jackrabbit
MemoryFile
https://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.5/index.html?org/apache/jackrabbit/core/fs/mem/MemoryFile.html

I would not rely on any java implementor to guarantee your Java Object will be
"in memory" vs "on disk"
specifically a java object which implements Serializable will save the object
to disk by the serializer..
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/excerpt/JavaRMI_10/?page=3
(except your objects declared as transient of course)

Did you have a specific requirement in mind for "Memory File" for your
build.xml ?

BR,
Martin