All,

I have searched online and can't fine and answer so please bear with me.

When I run ANT it says it can't find tools in the JRE lib, why is it looking
there?

If I copy tools.jar from the JDK to the JRE lib it works fine but that will
break on the next update so I would prefer to fix it correctly.

I have rebooted and retested.

There are no extra JDK or JRE values in the path, path simplified to only
show useful values.

I dumped the SET values to text files and search and don't fine any
references to JRE there either.

In settings:

PATH = .;%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%ANT_HOME%\bin;

Converts to:

PATH  = .;C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05\bin;C:\devenv\apache-ant-1.9.4\bin;

C:\Projects>SET JAVA_HOME

JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05

C:\Projects>SET ANT_HOME

ANT_HOME=C:\devenv\apache-ant-1.9.4

Error:

C:\Projects>ant -version

Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\lib\tools.jar

Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.4 compiled on April 29 2014

So what am I doing wrong, thanks.

John