Hi Andy,

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 8:51 PM, <user-digest-h...@any23.apache.org> wrote:

> This is unwritable in RDF/XML because of the predicate.
>
> http://gcmdservices.gsfc.nasa.gov/static/kms/sciencekeywords/
> sciencekeywords.csvKeywordVersion:8.0
>
> All properties become qnames in RDF/XML.  There is no way round it.
>
> The rules for qnames are quite strict.  The local part of a qname must
> start with a letter and can not contain a ':'
>
> So for ".../sciencekeywords.csvKeywordVersion:8.0"
> there is no split point to make a qname.

Thank you very much for explanation. I was not aware of this intricacy and
this would have taken me a decade or so to narrow down.
I do however this that we (possibly from within the openrdf codebase) can
provide a better message. I am not a big fan of TargetInnvocationExceptions
even when I've had a good nights sleep, this one is no different.