Hi,

when defining a service property with a reference as a value, the property is assigned with a ServiceProxyWrapper (inner class of ReferenceRecipe).

Here is the way it is defined:

<service ref="..." interface="...">
<service-properties>
<entry key="Property1">
<ref component-id="serviceRef"/>
</entry>
</service-properties>
</service>

<reference id="serviceRef" interface="A" />

I would have expected the service property "Property1" to be assigned with an instance of "A" instead of a ServiceProxyWrapper. However I could get the instance of "A" by calling the method 'convert' and passing a ReifiedType.

I would like to know if defining such a service property (containing a <ref>) is correct according to Blueprint specification and Aries implementation?

I would also like to know why the 'convert' has to be done explicitly?

Thank you.
Regards,
David