Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:00:43 -0600
Subject: Aries/OpenJPA strange error - A JDBC Driver or DataSource class name
must be specified in the ConnectionDriverName?
From: mattmadha...@gmail.com
To: user@aries.apache.org

Hello,I'm using Apache Aries 0.4 (from IBM WAS) and OpenJPA 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT also
from IBM.
I have a data source defined in WAS: Jndi Name : jdbc/dupcheckcts

I have my persistence.xml as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><persistence version="2.0"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_2_0.xsd";>
        <persistence-unit name="DuCk_jpa" transaction-type="JTA">
                <description>Persistence xxxxxxxxx</description>

            <jta-data-source>jdbc/dupcheckcts</jta-data-source>
                <class>com.xxxx.entity.Clx</class>
<class>com.xxxx.entity.Clxxxxxl</class>
                <class>com.xxxx.entity.Clxxxxxt</class>
<class>com.xxxx.entity.Clxxxxxx</class>

..........              <properties>                    <property
name="openjpa.Log" value="DefaultLevel=TRACE, Runtime=TRACE, Tool=TRACE,
SQL=TRACE" />
                        <property name="openjpa.RuntimeUnenhancedClasses"
value="unsupported" />
                    <property name="openjpa.Compatibility"
value="StrictIdentityValues=false" />        </properties>

When I deploy the EBA and  start the app I'm getting the following error:
Caused by: <openjpa-2.1.1-SNAPSHOT-r422266:1141200 fatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: A JDBC Driver or DataSource
class name must be specified in the ConnectionDriverName property.
        at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.schema.DataSourceFactory.newDataSource(DataSourceFactory.java:76)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.createConnectionFactory(JDBCConfigurationImpl.java:844)
        at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.getDBDictionaryInstance(JDBCConfigurationImpl.java:602)
   at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.endConfiguration(MappingRepository.java:1510)

Any ideas please?
Thanks in advance!
ThanksMatt