I find this RFC quite worthless from a pure OSGi pov.  If the only purpose
is to allow existing CDI application to be ported to OSGi, that's fine.  It
can't and should not (imho) be used for people that target OSGi.
So this is a really bad idea, but I've already said so quite a few times
and proposed a solution in pax-cdi that actually solves the problem
correctly in my mind: it has the exact same possibilities than DS (actually
being based on the felix scr runtime) which is a well proven technology to
handle OSGi dynamics.  The assumption in the RFC that "CDI does not support
dynamic dependencies" is just wrong and is the basis for a bad design imho
: scopes can be dynamic so that beans can have a lifecycle tied to a web
request or web session, so it obviously can support having beans tied to
the fact its runtime dependencies are available in OSGi.

Just my 2 cents

--
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gno...@redhat.com