Hi Jonathan,

I'm not sure if this can help you but this is how I use karaf and zookeeper:

1) tell RSA where to find zookeeper:

Place a file named "org.apache.aries.rsa.discovery.zookeeper.cfg" with the following content into karaf's "etc" folder:

zookeeper.host = dns name of your zookeeer server
zookeeper.port = 2181
zookeeper.timeout = 3000

2) when using fastbin as transport I have to create a file named "org.apache.aries.rsa.provider.fastbin.cfg" in the "etc" folder containing:

uri = tcp://0.0.0.0:2550

otherwise I get a port collision

3) configure zookeeper, e.g.

# The number of milliseconds of each tick
tickTime=2000

# The number of ticks that the initial
# synchronization phase can take
initLimit=10

# The number of ticks that can pass between
# sending a request and getting an acknowledgement
syncLimit=5

# the directory where the snapshot is stored.
# do not use /tmp for storage, /tmp here is just
# example sakes.
dataDir=/opt/zookeeper-data

# Transaction log
#dataLogDir=/opt/zookeeper-data-log

# the port at which the clients will connect
clientPort=2181

# the maximum number of client connections.
# increase this if you need to handle more clients
maxClientCnxns=60

#
# Be sure to read the maintenance section of the
# administrator guide before turning on autopurge.
#
# http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/current/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_maintenance
#
# The number of snapshots to retain in dataDir
#autopurge.snapRetainCount=3

# Purge task interval in hours
# Set to "0" to disable auto purge feature
#autopurge.purgeInterval=1

# Cluster servers
server.1=zk1:2888:3888
server.2=zk2:2888:3888
server.3=zk3:2888:3888

Schéin Gréiss, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Meilleures salutations, Kind regards,

Alex Weirig
Responsable Technique

Ville de Luxembourg - Centre Technolink 2, rue Charles de Tornaco L - 2623 LUXEMBOURG alex.wei...@technolink.lu <mailto:alex.wei...@technolink.lu> Tel: +352 4796 - 6127 Fax: +352 42 88 81 www.technolink.lu <http://www.technolink.lu>