Hello,

It seems ARIES-960 can slow down a blueprint container initialization so much that it seems to hang.

We have a big blueprint xml file with lot of beans having many arguments on their constructor.

Switching to blueprint-core 1.9 the application seemed to hang during startup.

After some debugging, most of the time is spend in org.apache.aries.blueprint.utils.generics.TypeInference.findMatching(List<Executable<E>>, List<TypedObject>, Converter, boolean)

For example, for a bean with 10 arguments in constuctor and arguments defined in blueprint xml in a wrong order, factorial method returns a pretty big number, so a long time is spend in the loop of argument permutation.

Of course we manage to fix this by declaring arguments in the same order than declared in constructor.

Not really an issue, even we did not experienced this in 1.8, but it could be good to display some logging (even in debug) indicating there is no match with declared argument order, so aries is trying different argument permutation to find a match.

Arnaud