Command line params on Aurora and Mesos control this. The "config
file" for this may depend on how your cluster is managed. It can be in
puppet manifest, for example. See below for the parameters. Docs are
http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/configuration/master/ and
http://aurora.apache.org/documentation/latest/reference/scheduler-configuration/

On Aurora:

-min_offer_hold_time (default (5, mins))
    Minimum amount of time to hold a resource offer before declining

-offer_filter_duration (default (5, secs))
    Duration after which we expect Mesos to re-offer unused resources.
A short duration improves scheduling performance in smaller clusters,
but might lead to resource starvation for other frameworks if you run
many frameworks in your cluster.
-offer_hold_jitter_window (default (1, mins))
    Maximum amount of random jitter to add to the offer hold time window.

On Mesos:
--offer_timeout=VALUE Duration of time before an offer is rescinded from a
framework. This helps fairness when running frameworks that hold on to
offers, or frameworks that accidentally drop offers. If not set, offers do
not timeout.