On 06.02.2011 17:06, Harsh J wrote:
> How do I ask it to generate Eclipse project files? I liked the

Simply mvn eclipse:eclipse. That being said..

> 'eclipse' or 'eclipse-files' target in the earlier Ant-based build
> system of Avro which easily generated Eclipse project files. But when
> I try "maven install; maven eclipse:eclipse" it fails for the tools
> package (in the eclipse part, the install goes fine). I do not have
> enough experience with Maven to know if it is a fault I'm doing or if
> it is a fault with the build files related to maven. Any help with
> creating eclipse project files for Avro's Java sub-project?

..it's not your fault, merely a bug in the particular version of the
eclipse plugin declared in the pom.

I posted the following to the dev list a few days ago:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@avro.apache.org/msg02145.html

So a quick fix is to change the declared version of the plugin back to
2.7. Whether this behaviour is a "bug"/"oddity" in the avro build
(referencing out-of-module resources) or the plugin is debatable, see the
mentioned JIRA for more.

hope this helps.

Holger