Hallo,

I'm trying out the latest Avro tag (1.6.0-rc0) as the new
ThriftDatumReader/Writer classes look really interesting (we currently receive
thrift files as input for our hadoop jobs and would like to convert them to
avro format as early as possible, and then use avro (de-)serialisation
throughout our job stack).

I have tried out the test case (TestThrift) and it works fine until I comment
out the line:

test.setStringField("foo");

at which point the test fails as null values don't seem to be allowed. Is this
intentional or is there something basic that I have not understood?

Thanks,

Andrew Kenworthy