I'd like to use a Protocol for making a Solr UpdateHandler, but it seems like
I'm fighting the "spirit" of Protocol in that it would really like to have a
two-way conversation between endpoints. I don't think I can do this since
UpdateHandlers are basically a servlet that has a single request/response cycle.

Am I trying to force Protocol to do something it isn't built for? The Protocol
_model_ really fits what I'm trying to do. Is
Protocol.getMessages().getRequest() to construct the payload of the servlet
request the right path?

Thank you,
Scott