Using the current trunk of Avro I am able to:
 - extract the schema from the data file you provided (using
avro-tools schema command)
 - generate Java classes for this schema (using the avro-tools compile command)
 - compile these generated Java classes (using the javac command)

Can you provide a complete case of what fails for you?

Thanks,

Doug