Having come from the Java world where I can do:

/ByteArrayOutputStream out = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
BinaryEncoder encoder = EncoderFactory.get().binaryEncoder(out, null);
SpecificDatumWriter<lswrapper> writer = new SpecificDatumWriter<>(xx.class);

writer.write(content, encoder);
encoder.flush();
out.close();

return out.toByteArray();/

I am now trying to do the equivalent in C++. The documentation shows:

/std::auto_ptr<avro::OutputStream> out = avro::memoryOutputStream();
avro::EncoderPtr e = avro::binaryEncoder();
e->init(*out);
avro::encode(*e, <xx>);/

and I can do this but I don't know how to then get a copy of the encoded
bytes. I would like to get this in a variable of type:

/std::vector<uint8_t>/

so that I can pass this back for use elsewhere in my program, but
avro::OutputStream does not seem to provide any methods to do this.

I have tried instead doing:

/ostringstream os;
auto_ptr<avro::OutputStream> oStream = avro::ostreamOutputStream(os);
/
and then using /os.str()/ to access the data, but I am not sure if this is
right and it does not seem to work.

Seems like it should be simple, but I can't figure it out!