Hi,

I do not know about 1), but 2) is currently expected : record fields are
public by default but tagged as deprecated - you can solve this by
explicitly asking for private fields in the Maven plugin configuration:
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.avro</groupId>
        <artifactId>avro-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <fieldVisibility>private</fieldVisibility>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

C.