On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 7:59 AM, Longton, Nigel <nigel.long...@pimco.com> wrote:
> What is the equivalent to ‘java-class’ for the csharp code generator?

There isn't an equivalent at this point.

> Specifically we’re looking at having fields of date and decimal type.

You could perhaps interpret the 'java-class' attribute that's already there.

Long-term we might agree on a language-independent way of identifying
such types, perhaps:
  {"type":"long", "subType":"unix-epoch"}
  {"type":"string", "subType":"ISO-8601-date"}
  {"type":"string", "subType":"lexicographic-decimal"}

If there's interest, this should be fairly easy to specify & implement.

See: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-739

Doug