Hi Again,
Slight update on one of my previous answers. Please see below.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 9:55 AM, Lewis John Mcgibbney <
lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well this is certainly an option, right now though it appear that we store
> (prepend) the Schema with the data as it is. ... You would therefore need
> to change some aspect of the data modeling if you really wished to store
> data metadata such as Schema & fingerprints separately.
>

> What actually happens with the Avro Schema in Gora is that it is
permanently included in the generated data bean. This way you know the
Schema when you read your data. You can see an example here

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gora/branches/GORA_94/gora-core/src/examples/java/org/apache/gora/examples/generated/WebPage.java

public static final org.apache.avro.Schema SCHEMA$ = new
org.apache.avro.Schema.Parser().parse("{\"type\":\"record\",\"name\":\"WebPage\",...
blah blah blah

i would therefore question a justification as to why you _need_ to store
the Schema with the data. Gora enables you to _almost_ forget about complex
mappings and underlying data modeling. We want to make it easy for people
to persist their data into a whole variety of underlying NoSQL stores. As a
data serialization library Avro seems to be working well for us in this
respect at this point in time.
Thanks
Lewis