Jumping on Hans question as well -- is there a means to coerce data written as
byte[] into String (and the other way around) ?

From: Hans Uhlig [huh...@uhlisys.com]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2014 9:22 AM
To: user@avro.apache.org
Subject: Schema Coersion

Is it possible to coerce the SpecificDatumReader to read a file from a
different Schema? We use Avro code generation for speed and type enforcement in
our environment normally but one of the data sources out of our control. This
other source doesn't use a namespace which means our use of codegen isnt
possible in java. Is there a way for us to read the data into our codegenerated
classes (only difference is the namespace) from the namespaceless files we
receive? Without doing double class allocation?