Hi,

I wrote a small tool[0] that converts network monitoring data from a homegrown
format to Avro, Parquet and JSON, using Avro 1.8.1 with the 'specific' API
(with code generation).

Now I need to import the same data into an RDBMS (a Derby derivate) through
JDBC. The database schema mimics closely the Avro schemata.

I wonder if there’s an easy way to hook into the machinery that I already built
and make it talk to an RDBMS too. Does this sound reasonable? Has it been done
before? Any hints on how to proceed or where to look?

Thanks,
Thomas

.
[0] https://github.com/tomlurge/converTor