From: Suraj Acharya <su...@apache.org>
Date: Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 7:44 AM
To: "user@avro.apache.org" <user@avro.apache.org>
Subject: Re: When is v1.8.2 going to be released?

Hi Javier,

I made the last two tags so i can give you some context.
The RC2 and RC3 failed for license issues in java and versioning in JS.
I have fixed both of those. However, in the days after I started a couple of
people wanted a few code pieces merged. I had stopped that since I was working
on a release and that would cause continuous churn. I am giving people time to
merge any code in before I start back.
I intend to make another release in the next few days. I can say I will try to
make sure it is not paused.

Regarding when will this be released. I can't give you a definite date. I try
to make an hour or so a day for open source work and sometimes I am not able to
do the same. Also, it needs community help to pass an RC too. All I can say is
soon.

Hope that helps.

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 4:50 AM, Javier Holguera