Hi Kant,

I use the doc values to store additional metadata for the record and the individual fields so my various consuming components can know what to do with the Avro records.

For the record I have components that index Avro records to Elasticsearch so I use the token:
@_index=[events-identity]
to indicate the Elasticsearch index name.

For fields within the record I use tokens like:
@_id
@_mapped:com.verticon.im.avro.TagReportEvent.epc
the first to indicates the field that to be used as an id(or key) and the second to indicate that this field was mapped from another field from another Avro record.

Of course the @_ was just my way of indicating embedded metadata you could use whatever you want.

John