When programmatically building schemas, SchemaBuilder.PropBuilder#prop() only
publicly permits adding string property values.

In classes like FieldBuilder, this limits the ability to programmatically
create schemas with non-string property values -- which can be created when
directly parsing a schema.

In our case, we'd like the ability to programmatically add non-string extension
property values for types like booleans. Since we augment and normalize
developer-provided Avro schemas, the absence of this puts us in a difficult
position where we cannot programmatically reproduce valid Avro schemas with
non-string property values.

PropBuilder does contain a non-public method for adding JsonValue properties.
This is what we're looking for in FieldBuilder and this may be applicable to
other builders as well.

If this change is desirable on some or all builders we're happy to submit a
Jira along with a patch for review.

Thank you,
Jeff

Sent from Bloomberg Professional for iPhone