  "type" : "record",
  "namespace" : "AAA",
  "fields" : [
    {"name": "A", "type": "string" }
  ]
}

does not validate json

{}

as valid one. It's invalid. A is required, as would be expected by me.

---
I'm getting lost here.
What is the resolution? I kinda wanted to use avro schema to validate
described JSON, and now based on what you said IIUC validation in "xschema
style": "1 of this, followed by 2 of that" is not possible with avro
schema. Correct?

Btw. what do you use to validate JSON using avro? I used avro-utils.jar
executed from command line, which proved as incapable of deserializing &
validating optional fields if they are set (if optional field is set, I
have to pass value in json like: {"string":"value"}). So now I'm using for
testing purposes actual flow through NIFI, which is extremely cumbersome.