Hi,

There have been a lot of great improvements
<https://github.com/apache/avro/compare/release-1.8.2...master> since May
2017 when Avro 1.8.2 was released—241 commits from 55 different
contributors over nearly a year. We would love to see these included in a
new versioned release. Right now, people affected by this year's worth of
fixes need to work around the issues or do a local build of master, both of
which are inconvenient. The number of users affected will continue to grow
until the next release.

Do you agree that it's time for a new release? If not now, when do you
think will be best? We wanted to check in before starting our own
workarounds.

Thanks for all your work on this great project!

Best,

Edward Anderson
Software Engineer
Doximity, Inc.