Hello!  I'm not sure I understand your question.  Some names are
*required* with a specific format in the Avro specification
(http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.8.2/spec.html#names)

What are you looking to accomplish?  I can think of two scenarios that
we've seen in the past: (1) anonymous records where the name has no
interest, and (2) mapping a structure that supports arbitrary UTF-8
names (like a database table) to a record with the same field names.
Neither of those are supported in the Avro specification.

For the first case (where we don't care about the record name), we
just autogenerated a "safe" but unused record name.

For the second case, we used a custom annotation on the field
(something like "display.name") to contain the original value and
generated a "safe" field name.

In both cases, being safe means that it meets the Avro spec
([A-Za-z_][A-Za-z0-9_]*) and avoids collisions with other generated
names.

I hope this helps!  Ryan