Hi,

I've been trying to use avro-tools to verify Avro implementations, and I've
come across an issue. Perhaps someone here might be able to help?

When I run avro-tools with some subcommands, it prints a bunch of warnings
(see below) to the standard output. Does anyone know a way to disable this?
I'm using openjdk 11.0.5 under Ubuntu 18.04 and avro-tools 1.9.1.

The warnings are somewhat annoying because they can corrupt output of tools
that print to the standard output, such as recodec.

Aside: is there any documentation for the commands in avro-tools? Some seem
to have some command-line help (though unfortunately there doesn't seem to
be a standard way of showing it), but often that help often doesn't
describe what the command actually does.

Here's the output that I see:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by
org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosUtil
(file:/home/rog/other/avro-tools-1.9.1.jar) to method
sun.security.krb5.Config.getInstance()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosUtil
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
20/01/16 08:12:39 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable

  cheers,
    rog.