Hi everyone,

I'm interested in feedback on the "Avrotize" tool:

Git: https://github.com/clemensv/avrotize
PyPI: https://pypi.org/project/avrotize/

Avrotize is a command-line tool for converting data structure definitions
between different schema formats, using Apache Avro Schema as the integration
schema model.

You can use the tool to convert between Avro Schema and other schema formats
like JSON Schema, XML Schema (XSD), Protocol Buffers (Protobuf), ASN.1, and
database schema formats like Apache Parquet files, Kusto Data Table Definition
(KQL) and T-SQL Table Definition (MSSQL Server). I'm aiming to support more
schemas, especially for databases.

With this, you can also convert from JSON Schema to Protobuf going via Avro
Schema.

You can also generate C#, Java, TypeScript, JavaScript, and Python code from
the Avro Schema documents. The difference to the native Avro tools is that
Avrotize can emit data classes without Avro library dependencies and,
optionally, with annotations for JSON serialization libraries like Jackson or
System.Text.Json. The C# code generator is furthest along in terms of
serialization helper capabilities, but I'll bring the Java version up to that
level next week.

The JSON Schema to Avro Schema conversion has its own page:
https://github.com/clemensv/avrotize/blob/master/jsonschema.md

Best Regards
Clemens

Clemens Vasters
Messaging Platform Architect
Microsoft Azure
cleme...@microsoft.com
European Microsoft Innovation Center GmbH | Gewürzmühlstrasse 11 | 80539
Munich| Germany
Geschäftsführer/General Managers: Keith Dolliver, Benjamin O. Orndorff
Amtsgericht Aachen, HRB 12066