Well, my file is not in my local filesystem. It’s in GS.
This is the line of code that reads the input file:
p.apply(TextIO.Read.from("gs://apache-beam-samples/shakespeare/*"))

And this page https://beam.apache.org/get-started/quickstart/
<https://beam.apache.org/get-started/quickstart/> says the following:
"you can’t access a local file if you are running the pipeline on an external
cluster”.
I’m indeed trying to run a pipeline on a standalone Spark cluster running on my
local machine. So local files are not an option.