Hi List,
I'm trying to write an updated ElasticSearch client using the newly-published
RestHighLevelClient class (with ES 5.6.0). I'm only interested in writes at
this time, so I'm using the ElasticsearchIO.write() function as a model. I have
a transient member named client. Here's my setup function for my DoFn:

@Setup
public void setup() {
  HttpHost elastic = HttpHost.create( elasticurl );
  RestClientBuilder bldr = RestClient.builder( elastic );
  client = new RestHighLevelClient( bldr.build() );
}

If I run the code as shown, I eventually get the debug message: "Pipeline has
terminated. Shutting down." but the program never exits. If I comment out the
client assignment above, the pipeline behaves normally (but obviously, I can't
write anything to ES).

Any advice for a dev just getting started with Apache Beam (2.0.0)?

ry