Hi list,

My understanding is that ReadStringsFromPubSub
<https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/python/apache_beam/io/gcp/pubsub.py#L42>
doesn't
provide any way of getting the message metadata (attributes, publish
timestamp, etc). Looking further suggests
<https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/python/apache_beam/io/gcp/pubsub.py#L181>
that the majority of the PubSub functionality is inside Dataflow.

Hence, some questions:

1. Is my understanding of the current state of things correct?

2. Is there any API I can piggyback on to write my own PubSub source? My
guess would be that I can use NativeSource, but is that really so?

3. If the answer to both of the above is "no", is there any idea when this
will be officially supported?

What I'm doing right now is meant only for small things, so I probably
don't mind switching to Java for this specific task. Just trying to make
sure there's no better way.

Thanks!

--
Best regards,