Also I think this situation leads to a blocked status in which elements
with two different version UIDs are mixed and therefore unable to progress.

When I realised this was happening, I tried to rollback to the previous
version of the pipeline to drain it and then re-create the job with the new
version, but during that time, as new elements were streamed in, the old
version wasn't able to decode de new ones.

Does it make any sense?

Thanks!