Hi Everyone,
I have just started exploring and understanding Apache Beam for new project
in my firm.
In particular, we have to take decision whether to implement our product
over spark streaming (as spark batch is already in our eco system) or
should we use Beam over spark runner to have future liberty of changing
underline runner.

Couple of questions, after going through beam docs and examples, I have is:

   1. Are there any limitations in terms of implementations,
   functionalities or performance if we want to run streaming on Beam with
   Spark runner vs streaming on Spark-Streaming directly ?

   2. Spark features like checkpointing, kafka offset management, how are
   they supported in Apache Beam? Do we need to do some extra work for them?

Any answer or link to like wise discussion will be really appreciable.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
--
Chandan Prakash