Hi Scott,

nothing special about the use-case. Just want to monitor upper and lower
bound for some data floating in operator.
The "report interval" is right now 30 seconds and it is independent of
business logic. It is the one mentionedd here:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/monitoring/metrics.html#reporter

and value set with respect to how granular and fast do I want to see
changes on what is going on in the pipeline compared to how much resources
in time-series database I dedicate to it.

Thanks for looking into it