a) Do you have a screenshot you can share?
b) Yes and it depends on your trigger definition, see this video
presentation[1] that goes some details into the topic and this entire
section about windowing[2].
c) Typically no. Your sources control the watermark based upon the
watermark your source reports. If you implement/override the implementation
of a source, you can control the "input" watermark but not any watermark
that is further within the pipeline.

1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ifC_6AVkUw
2: https://beam.apache.org/documentation/programming-guide/#windowing

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 2:24 PM asharma...@gmail.com <asharma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> In my dataflow job , i read a message from pubsub.
>
> In Job GUI -- I see
>
> Data watermark 's value as => Max watermark
>
> a) what is meaning of 'Max watermark' .
> b) Does it impact in anyway how groupBy is evaluated.
> c) is there a way to explicitly set value of watermark to 'Max Watermark'
>
> Thanks
> Aniruddh

  • watermark asharma . gd
    • Re: watermark Lukasz Cwik