I think full-blown SDF is not needed for this - someone just needs to
implement a MongoDbIO.readAll() variant, using a composite transform. The
regular pattern for this sort of thing will do (ParDo split, reshuffle,
ParDo read).
Whether it's worth replacing MongoDbIO.read() with a redirect to readAll()
is another matter - size estimation, available only in BoundedSource for
now, may or may not be important.