Hello,
Can I run Beam Python pipelines with Flink deployed on Kubernetes?

I have successfully managed to run a Beam Python pipeline using the Portable
runner and the job service pointing to a local Flink server running as Docker
containers.

I was able to achieve that mounting the Docker socket in my Flink container and
running Flink as root, so the class DockerEnvironmentFactory can create the
Python harness container.

Unfortunately, I can't use the same solution when Flink is running in
Kubernetes. Moreover, I don't want to create the Python harness container using
the Docker command from my pods.

I noticed there is an implementation called ExternalEnvironmentFactory, but I
am not sure how to use it.

Is there a way to deploy a side container and use a different factory to run
the Python harness process?

What is the correct approach?

Thanks,

Andrea

[10x]<https://www.10xbanking.com/>

10x Banking

This e-mail, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this message and any copies and attachments.

10x Future Technologies Services Limited is registered in England & Wales
Registered Number: 11262659
Registered Address: 5 Howick Place, Victoria, London, SW1P 1WG