One other nice enhancement around this would be if a transform could
indicate that it was executing a "slow" operation.

A good example is writing in BigQueryIO, it's very reasonable/normal for a
load job to run for more than 5 minutes, and the "stuck" message can be
confusing to users.  The rewording to "operation ongoing" in the PR seems
like a good improvement here as well though.