Also, as a follow up, I'm curious about this commit:
https://github.com/apache/beam/commit/80862f2de6f224c3a1e7885d197d1ca952ec07e3

My use case is that I want to set a timer to fire after the max timestamp
of a window, but hold the watermark to the max timestamp until it fires,
essentially delaying the window closing by some amount of event time.
Previous to that revert commit it seems like that would have been possible,
but now it would fail (since the target is after the window's maxTimestamp).

What was the reason this was reverted, and are there plans to un-revert it?