Thanks for the reply, Kyle.

The DataflowClient::getJob method uses a Dataflow instance that's provided
at construction time (via DataflowPipelineOptions::getDataflowClient). If
that Dataflow instance can be obtained from a minimal instance of the
options (i.e., containing only the project ID and region) then it looks
like everything should work.

I suppose a secondary question here is whether or not this approach is the
recommended way to solve my problem (but I don't know of any alternatives).